We are excited to announce plans to reopen church services on Sunday, May 24th! Despite the circumstances, God has been at work during the last month.
Our services via Livestream have been greatly received, and we have had many visitors watch as well! The services have been shared by many, even in other states and for these blessings we are very thankful!
God has taken care of our church ministry financially; all staﬀ have been able to work and receive paychecks.
We have been able to maintain support for all missionaries!
We were able to provide lunches for dozens of front line workers during the last 6 weeks.
We are eagerly anticipating meeting as a church family; however, due to the CDC guidelines, there will be some necessary changes. We take very seriously the health and well-being of our church family and will do our part to follow the guidelines laid out for group gatherings. With that said, please take the time to read the following bullet points prior to attending a church service during this Reopening Phase.
What we have done to prepare for reopening:
• Sanitizing all buildings and common spaces before and after all meetings
• Limiting entry points to the buildings. We will enter through church doors #’s 1, 3, and 12. Numbers are located above the doors. All other entry doors will be locked.
• Reconfiguring auditorium seating to comply with social distancing guidelines. We will block off certain rows to help with social distancing!
• Postponing all children’s ministries and nursery availability & all family members will remain together for worship in the auditorium. If needed the church lobby will be available to parents to comfort a child. We will have chairs set up in the lobby.
• Instituting no contact policies; providing alternative methods for oﬀering collection and distribution of information
• Providing sanitizing stations and masks at the entry doors
• Choir, orchestra, Sunday school, children and teen classes, bus ministry, and nursery will all be postponed until further notice.
What you can do as you plan to return to church:
• Take personal responsibility for your own health.
• Continue to enjoy services online if you are considered high risk or if you, a member of your family, or someone you have been in contact with has tested positive for COVID-19 or displayed symptoms associated with COVID-19.
• Consider the health and well-being of your fellow church family
• Observe all social distancing guidelines, including no physical contact, sitting with your family, and maintaining 6 feet of personal space.
• If personal protective wear increases your sense of well-being, you are welcome to wear in the building and during services
• Refrain from gathering at entrances, exits, and hallways
What you can expect at church when you arrive:
• Morning worship service at our normal starting time of 10:45 am and Wednesday service at 7:00 pm. The Sunday Evening 6:00 pm service will only be a live stream service at this time.
• Doors will open 20 minutes prior to service times! As you enter the building your temperature will be taken with an infrared thermometer. Any temperature above 100.3 degrees will be considered a fever. The person in question will not be permitted in the building.
• There will be signs with reminders and guidelines posted; informational handouts regarding distancing and no contact policies will be available at the entrance
• An Oﬀering drop-oﬀ location will be at the back doors of the auditorium. No plates will be passed; as always, online giving is available.
• No hand-shaking or fellowship time during services.
• Some rows of pews will be blocked off in the auditorium to provide ample space for distancing
• We will implement a Family worship service (all children will remain in the auditorium to enjoy the service together as a family)
• We will still have encouraging congregational singing, uplifting special music, and applicable Bible preaching
• There will be controlled dismissal to alleviate unnecessary congestion
While some of this may seem extreme, it is our goal to protect people while we gather to worship the Lord. It is also our goal to protect the reputation and future ministry of our church.
As you know by now, plans continue to change each week. We will continue to update you regarding schedule changes and church information through social media and the church website. These are unprecedented times, but we know that God is working, and we look forward to seeing Him continue to work despite these necessary changes. Remember to take your personal health and well-being seriously and responsibly and trust God to do what only He can do.
As your Pastor, I can hardly wait to see you, worship in song, pray with you and share The Word with you!!